Heritage And Listed Building Decorators In London
Specialists Heritage Painting And Decorating
Heritage Decorators London, having established ourselves as a leading provider of quality heritage painting and decorating work in London. Working on many projects in listed buildings and conservation sites throughout London and the South East.
As part of our lengthy list of services we provide general commercial painting and decorating London, with first-class finishes. Our reputation for exceptional results, professionalism and quality artistry and our large client base reflects this.
Working alongside some of the biggest names in construction, contractors, project managers and interior designers, providing an exquisite and beautiful finish to any heritage property or building, our heritage painting and decorating team is the best in its field.
Reliable Heritage And Listed Building Decorating Service
Experts In Heritage Building Decorating
Our specialist heritage decorators London team can undertake all manner of decorating project’s using various specialist techniques.
Our specialist decorators London have worked in Museums including the Natural History Museum, National Trust and English Heritage Properties, private residences and public buildings across London and the South East.
To undertake this heritage painting and decorating project there were a team of 14 decorators on site everyday, with bleeding thumbs for the most part! The colossus preparation undertaking was a real test of the professionalism, craftsmanship and endurance of our London decorators
- To remove the button polish our highly skilled London decorators treated the wood with a mixture of methylated spirits and nitromores to neutralise the polish and allow a primer to adhere to the wood.
- Once the polish was removed, we primed all surfaces with a high-performance primer. In this case, we used Pegaprim Isofix, which we more than highly recommend.
- Once all the wood was primed, it was time for a five coat filling, undercoating and sanding process to restore the wood to an almost like new state but while keeping the age and character of the wood.
- We used an oil-based Dulux undercoat to build up our base coats.
- We were recently contracted to undertake a Project at Gilmore Hall by the UK’s leading paint experts Cricksmith. The task was to completely transform the interior of Gilmore Hall from the current retro 1970s garish look back into it’s original 17th century paint scheme.
- These pictures of the room show how it look before we started it’s decorating transformation. The walls were currently painted in Eggshell and Distemper. To ensure a high class, quality specialist decoration finish all surfaces were carefully prepared before the decorating commenced.
- We were given the original architectural decoration scheme from the drawings below. These decoration drawings were from the 17th Century scheme when the building was first built. From these pictures we were to recreate the scheme onto the walls using specialist decorating techniques ‘trompe l’oeil’. Our team of highly skilled specialist heritage decorators have trained for years to perfect their techniques and skills to ensure only the highest quality finish.
- As you can see the transformation was huge using specialist heritage decorating techniques such as trompe l’oeil. All surface areas have been carefully restored, prepared and decorated to the highest quality. The client for the project was delighted with our specialist decorators in London and this project is now up for consideration as specialist decorating project of the year.